Alden Richards: Happy to be with Maine

  • Page Views 4848
  • AlDub-1Eight months into their wildly popular Kalyeserye segment for “Eat Bulaga,” Alden Richards said he still getting to know Maine Mendoza.

    The GMA-7 actor added that he considers the 21-year-old actress “special.”

    “Mahirap po kasi magpadalos-dalos sa mga desisyon to get into a commitment,” Alden said when asked about the real score between him and Maine during his launch as the newest endorser for medicine Neozep on Wednesday.

    The two young stars, who have catapulted to love team fame thanks to their onscreen partnership on “Eat Bulaga,” have been constantly questioned by fans and the press if their relationship has turned from friendly to romantic the past few months.

    This is especially after Alden surprised Maine during her birthday earlier this month by renting a private plane and going to Boracay, where the young actress was staying at the time. Many see this as a sign that Alden and Maine may been becoming more than friends, just like their “Eat Bulaga” onscreen alter egos.

    Alden said Maine, too, is also trying to enjoy what they have right now since she’s new in showbiz.

    But he said: “Masaya po kami ni Maine kapag magkasama. I’m very happy kapag kasama ko siya, on and off cam. ‘Yun ang maganda ngayon kasi nabibigyan kami ng chance off cam, without cameras, without anyone following us.

    Alden added, perhaps in reference to those who doubt that his gestures for Maine are scripted and “showbiz” and not genuine: “Kung ano naman po ang ginagawa for Maine, I’m doing that out of free will, hindi pilit, walang nag-plant, walang nagsabi.”

    “At this point po, we’re still having fun. We’re still getting to know each other kasi it’s been, what, eight months pa lang.”

    Nonetheless, the Pambansang Bae said Maine is one of the most special women in his life right now.

    “I’m very happy whenever I am with her,” he said.

    What’s next for Alden and Maine after their movie last December and their ongoing Kalyeserye? Alden said there’s a movie in the works, although he can’t divulge the details yet. They will also be part of the annual “Eat Bulaga” Lenten Special, to be aired next week. 
    Also, Kapuso heartthrob Alden Richards will turn up the heat in Canada as he headlines “Bae in the City Canada Tour 2016” this March. He will be performing with Rocco Nacino 

    Sponsored by GMA’s three international channels – GMA Pinoy TV, GMA Life TV and GMA News TV International, “Bae in the City Canada Tour 2016” begins on March 22 at the Club Regent Event Centre, 884 Sergent Ave. Winnipeg, Manitoba. The event is staged in partnership with Corazon’s Money Express.

    The next day, Alden and Rocco will head to the Maharaja Banquet Hall, 9257 34a Ave NW, Edmonton Alberta, for the second leg of the tour, held in cooperation with Palabok Promotions, on March 23.

    In cooperation with Red Productions, the last stop will be on March 24 at the Massey Theater, 735 Eight Avenue, New Westminster, British Columbia.

    As the fans give the Kapuso duo tips on how to make their stay an enjoyable one, Alden and Rocco are also preparing a fun-filled show for their fellow Filipinos in Canada.

    All shows start at 7:00 pm. The tickets are priced at $98 for VIP seats and $68 for General Admission seats (Manitoba); $100, $78 and $58 (Alberta) and $100, $80, $60 and $50 (British Columbia).

    For ticket inquiries, please call 204 786 1112 (Manitoba), 780 995 6907 (Alberta) and 778 785 6322 (British Columbia). See posters inside this PST. (C. Smith, PS)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • Nathan Longchallon
      18 September 2020
      2 days ago No comment

      Missing Man in Burnaby: Nathan Longchallon, 26

      The Burnaby RCMP is requesting the public’s assistance in locating 26-year-old Nathan Longchallon. Nathan was last seen walking north bound on Patterson Avenue near Victory Street in Burnaby at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Nathan is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a slender build, ...

    • 17 September 2020
      3 days ago No comment

      B.C. election looms, while chance of federal election lessens

      B.C.’s next provincial election is scheduled to happen on October 16, 2021. But it could take place earlier if the B.C. NDP government of Premier John Horgan decides to call an election earlier. Or if the Horgan government loses the confidence of the legislative assembly. By many indications, Horgan ...

    • 17 September 2020
      3 days ago No comment

      Dr. Theresa Tam’s update on COVID-19 

      Ottawa, ON – Public Health Agency of Canada In lieu of an in-person update to the media, Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, issued the following statement: “There have been 138,803 cases of COVID-19 in Canada, including 9,188 deaths. 88% of people have now recovered. Labs across ...

    • 17 September 2020
      3 days ago No comment

      Prime Minister announces next steps for Safe Restart Agreement

      As we move into the fall and the world continues to deal with the impacts of COVID-19, the Government of Canada remains focused on keeping Canadians safe and healthy, while continuing to ensure they have the supports needed during this global health and economic crisis. The Prime Minister, Justin ...

    • 17 September 2020
      3 days ago No comment

      Amal Clooney urges PH to protect press freedom, honor international commitments

      International human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin-Clooney on Tuesday urged the Philippine government to protect the free press and honor its international commitments on human rights. Speaking before Philippine business leaders in an online forum, Clooney said, “if you want to have a functioning democracy, protect the press. To protect ...

    %d bloggers like this: