• Page Views 1984
  • ramsayThree years after he made the controversial move to transfer to TV5, Derek Ramsay has decided that he is more than happy to stay with the Happy Network for another three years. The 38-year-old Filipino-British actor, model and athlete officially renewed his contract with TV5 last Tuesday, April 28, in the presence of TV5 president and CEO Noel C. Lorenzana and TV5 chief entertainment content officer Wilma V. Galvante.

    Following the contract signing, both Galvante and Lorenzana revealed their big plans for the hunky actor whom the latter called “the biggest male star in the Philippines.”

    Derek, who jokingly referred to himself as “ang lalaking walang pahinga”, will have another busy year ahead of him as he, Galvante and Lorenzana confirmed that there will be second seasons of his hit shows “Mac & Chiz” and “Extreme Series: Kaya Mo Ba Ito?”. A weekend noontime show where he will be one of the hosts is also in the works. In addition, Derek revealed that “Bawat Sandali”, the acclaimed Studio 5 Original Movie that he did with Angel Aquino, will have a theatrical release with additional scenes. He also expressed interest in reprising his role as “Kidlat” should the network decide to revive the series.

    Asked by InterAksyon if the newly launched Digital 5 would also consider new digital, short-form shows for Derek, Lorenzana replied, “Absolutely”. He also confirmed that digital versions of “Extreme Series” will soon be seen on Digital 5.

    Aside from “Kidlat”, Derek has also headlined several series for the network since signing with TV5 in 2012. This include hosting two seasons of “The Amazing Race Philippines”, the superhero soap, “Kidlat”, the provocative weekly drama, “For Love or Money” and the mystery thriller, “Undercover”. He also headed the TV5 coverage team for the 2012 London Olympics.

    While under contract with TV5, Derek also did several movies outside the network including the blockbuster “Trophy Wife” for Viva Films and well-received turns in “The Janitor” for Cinemalaya and the romantic-comedy, “English Only, Please”, the sleeper hit of last year’s Metro Manila Film Festival where he won his very first Best Actor award. (E.Sallan, Interaksyon)

    Share

    Related Post

    Related Blogpost

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 15 February 2019
      11 hours ago No comment

      Former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres diagnosed with skin cancer

      Dayanara Torres, 44, reveals that she has skin cancer. The former Miss Universe titleholder took to her social media accounts to announce the sad news that she has been diagnosed with melanoma, a form of skin cancer. It is said to be the “most dangerous form of skin cancer,” ...

    • 15 February 2019
      12 hours ago No comment

      The Kid Who Would Be King (PG)

      Regal Awakening! On occasion I go into deep thought as to what parental rating I should give a movie. Hardly ever do I pay much if any attention what the local censor boards levy on films since often I regard these people as simple government bureaucrats who are a ...

    • 15 February 2019
      13 hours ago No comment

      ‘Jesusa’ meant for Sylvia Sanchez

      It did not take long for Sylvia Sanchez to say yes once she learned of the project “Jesusa” from writer and director Ronald Carballo. The writer-director was forthright, she said. She knew from the get-go that she was not the original choice. It did not matter to her. She ...

    • 15 February 2019
      14 hours ago No comment

      Bong says showbiz remains his first love

      Despite his bid to return to politics, former action hero Bong Revilla maintained he won’t be turning his back on showbiz. “Showbiz is my first love. Bread and butter ko ang pelikula at telebisyon. Ito ang bumubuhay ng pamilya ko. Tuloy-tuloy ang paggawa ko ng pelikula, tuloy ang paglabas ...

    • 15 February 2019
      15 hours ago No comment

      BBC praises ‘incredible vocal skill’ of TNT Boys

      The TNT Boys, composed of Kiefer Sanchez, Mackie Empuerto and Francis Concepcion, have caught the attention of media giant BBC. On Tuesday, the BBC posted a video titled “TNT Boys: The teen tribute act captivating the Philippines.” “The TNT Boys’ blend of tribute act, drag performance and incredible vocal ...

    %d bloggers like this: