• Page Views 829
  • krisDespite Kris Aquino’s decla­ration on national TV that she would quit showbiz, ABS-CBN has announced that the TV host will stay on her programs in the Kapamilya network. Aquino currently hosts a talk show called “Kris TV” aside from starring in primetime soap “Kai­langan Ko’y Ikaw” and judging the reality talent search “Pilipinas Got Talent.” On March 23, Bong Osorio, head of ABS-CBN Integrated Corporate Communications, said in a statement that network exec­utives will meet with Aquino when she returns to the Philippines from a trip to France with her son James “Bimby” Yap Jr. Two days before the trip, Aqui­no was interviewed on “TV Patrol”  during which she announced she would be resigning from all her shows to take care of her son in the face of recent conflict with former husband James Yap. The 42-year-old star said on air, “I’m giving up my shows. Hindi ko sinasabi ‘yan just so that I can say na I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. Tinatalikuran  ko ang mundo na kinilala ko na bumuhay sa akin dahil higit doon sa karera ko, mas mahal ko ang anak ko (I’m not saying that just so I can say I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. I’m turning my back on the world of my ca­reer because more than my ca­reer, I love my son).”

    Commitments
    But Osorio maintained in the ABS-CBN statement that “upon her return, Kris will fulfill her com­mitment to her soap ‘Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw,’ which is nearing its end.” “She will also have to stay as [a] judge in ‘Pilipina Got Talent’ till its end in June. Being a foreign fran­chise, there are commitments we have to fulfill and rules we need to abide by,” he added. As for “Kris TV,” Osorio said the next episodes had already been taped in preparation for her vacation in France. However, Osorio did not con­firm that Aquino will tape any more episodes of the show after her return.

    On March 20, Aquino was granted a temporary protection order (TPO) by a Makati regional court after former husband James Yap allegedly made overt sexual advances on her in her home and in the presence of Bimby. Despite Yap’s petition for a hold departure order (HDO) to be imposed on mother and son, Aquino and Bimby were allowed to leave the country for Paris on Saturday, March 23.

    Share

    Related Post

    Related Blogpost

    Leave a Reply

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 09 December 2017
      4 days ago No comment

      Statement from the office of the late Senator Tobias C. Enverga, Jr.

      December 7, 2017 Ottawa, ON On behalf of the Enverga family, I wish to convey sincere thanks for the outpouring of love, support, and prayers given in the days following the passing of the Honourable Tobias C. Enverga, Jr. The family would like to thank the more than 7,000 ...

    • 06 December 2017
      1 week ago No comment

      City of Surrey and Statistics Canada Partner on Opioid Data Collection and Community Response Project

      For immediate release: Dec. 5, 2017  Surrey – There is a broad range of people who suffer from opioid use disorders and the lives that are being claimed by the overdose crisis is revealing that a significant number of the deaths are occurring in residential locations and in private. Understanding the factors ...

    • 03 December 2017
      1 week ago No comment

      Kisses is now a Star Pop artist

      PBB Lucky Season 7 2nd Big Placer Kisses Delavin finally introduced her highly anticipated debut album Kisses under Star Pop, Star Music’s new sublabel for the young market, to a jam-packed crowd at SM North EDSA Skydome recently. The rising teen star pepped up the show with an opening ...

    • 03 December 2017
      1 week ago No comment

      Michael V preparing for his inevitable exit from ‘Bubble Gang’

      For the past 22 years, Michael V has been the binding force of “Bubble Gang,” for which he works not only as an actor, but also a creative director. While having the long-running gag-comedy show without him is almost unimaginable, he knows that, at some point, he would have ...

    • 03 December 2017
      1 week ago No comment

      PBA in turmoil as Narvasa divides Board

      NOVEMBER 2017 SPECTATOR   THE PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) is in turmoil, all because of PBA Commissioner Chito Narvasa. No, the country’s No. 1 sporting entertainment is not losing money. But the league’s 7 breakway governors want Narvasa out. That’s when the trouble began. The Suicidal 7 could not ...

    %d bloggers like this: