• Page Views 1395
  • richard-lucyCongresswoman Lucy Torres and husband, actor Richard Go­mez, asked the help of everyone in rebuilding homes and lives in Ormoc City, Leyte after the prov­ince was badly hit by super storm Yolanda. As early as Saturday morning, Richard has been sharing photos online of damages brought by the storm. In the latest Instagram update posted by Lucy, the Leyte representative said Ormoc, Pal­ompon, Merida and Albuera were the badly hit municipalities.

    She added that they record­ed minimal casualties but her kababayans were traumatized of the recent calamity that hit the Visayan region.

    “So far, the greatest damage is to property. Generally, people are well and alive but traumatized and homeless. I supposed it is the same situation in Kananga, Isabela, Matagob,” Lucy said.
    Power is still out in Leyte and they are still having problems with communication lines.

    “Most structures are damaged and roofless, if not totally wiped out. Highways are choked; there still is no water and electricity as of this moment. Relief operations are needed, clearing operations will be undertaken by the DPWH (Department of Public Works and Highways), and after that will come the process of rebuilding of homes and lives,” she said.

    Lucy also disclosed that she al­ready informed the national gov­ernment on the present situation of her district and what needs to  be done. She also requested Phil­ippine National Police to deploy extra police force in the province to take care of security and pre­vent and address looting.

    “DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development) Secre­tary Dinky Soliman, Sec. Butch Abad, and Sec. Babes Singson are aware of the gravity of the situ­ation and have pledged support,” the Leyte representative said. She added, “I have the com­mitment of our good government and of the The President through Kris Aquino that everything  that needs to be done is being done. Vice-President Binay has also called to pledge support to Leyte.”

    Aside from Kris, who imme­diate donated P400,000 for the typhoon victims, actor Dingdong Dantes also pledge his support and will bring relief goods in Or­moc City. Right now, the congresswom­an said they immediately needed drinking water, tents, blankets, non-perishable food items, and rice. “At the moment, what we need to do is stay calm, and do what we can to help rebuild all that has been lost. The government will help but on our part, we have to be proactive and help the govern­ment, too,” she said. (Sunnex)

    Share

    Related Post

    Related Blogpost

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 20 May 2019
      3 days ago No comment

      Canada comments on recall of Philippine ambassador and consuls over garbage issue

      On May 16, the Philippine government announcement that it has recalled its ambassador and consuls in Canada after Canada missed the May 15 deadline to take back garbage shipped to the Philippines in 2013 and 2014 by an Ontario company. Global Affairs Canada today issued the following statement:   ...

    • 19 May 2019
      4 days ago No comment

      The 3rd annual Canada Day Drumming Celebration Challenges New World Record

      Vancouver, B.C. – With just two months to go until Canada Day, the organizing committee of the Canada Day Drumming Celebration is excited to announce that there will be ten (10) cities across five time zones participating this year. It includes Halifax, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, Regina, Prince George, Kelowna, ...

    • 19 May 2019
      4 days ago No comment

      OFW remittances reach 3-month high in March

      MONEY sent home by overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) rose to a three-month high in March, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) reported on Wednesday. Personal remittances — made up of OFWs’ net compensation; personal transfers, whether in cash or kind; and capital transfers between households — reached $2.796 billion ...

    • 19 May 2019
      4 days ago No comment

      Conglomerate still keen on MRT takeover

      Despite delays, Metro Pacific Investment Corp. (MPIC) is still keen on pursuing its P20-billion unsolicited proposal to take over the operation and maintenance of Metro Rail Transit line 3 (MRT-3) , according to its chairman Manuel Pangilinan. But MPIC cannot proceed until an ongoing arbitration case in Singapore is ...

    • 19 May 2019
      4 days ago No comment

      BSP: Banking system sustains growth story

      The Bangko Sentral ng PIlipinas said that, with the banking system at its core, the financial system “remains resilient amid evolving domestic and global environment.” “The Philippine banking system sustained its growth story, maintained its solid footing as evidenced by its satisfactory asset quality, ample liquidity and solvency, profitable ...

    %d bloggers like this: