Though the trends may, at times, appear to be not the real numbers, they do reflect the researched reality for a majority of (but not all) female car buyers.
- Women make up over 50% of the new car market. That number is increasing.
- Women influence purchase decisions more than 80% of the time.
- Only 34% of women are satisfied with the car dealership industry.
- Half of Canadian women say companies need to improve their selling approach to women. When purchasing a product they have felt discriminated against or treated differently because they are female.
Issues Women Encounter When Purchasing a Vehicle
- Being ignored
- Sales staff losing patience with or not understanding their questions
- Sales staff attempting to pressure and manipulate them
- Degrading feeling that they need to be accompanied by a man in order to get serious or fair treatment
- Sales staff focusing more on the ergonomic features of the car
Well in fact, women buyers have substantially higher levels of education and household income than male buyers. Customers expect professionalism and sensitivity.
The bottom line…Treat every customers (male or female) the way you want to be treated, with respect. Whatever the outcome would be. Even they buy a car or just window shopping. Its totally up to us to make them enjoy the experience, or nightmare. You choose!!!
I welcome letters or inquiry regarding your experiences in purchasing a car or questions before buying the right vehicle for you. This column may not be the perfect solution but I know these can help you decide the right one, somehow.….
For some comments, letter or suggestions: Call me at Cell No. (604) 710-5404 or email me at email@example.com