Pacquiao’s next fight likely to take place in Las Vegas on Nov. 5

  • Page Views 1481
  • Promoter Bob Arum believes Nov. 5 would be the date when Manny Pacquiao will return to the ring after consulting with Las Vegas venues that previously hosted Pacquiao’s fights. However, Arum did not say if Pacquiao is cleared to fight on that date.

    The three venues that previously hosted Pacquiao include the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center and the Tomas and Mack Center, all in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    Arum previously mentioned Oct. 15 or 29, but Pacquiao denied he is set to fight on those dates as he has to attend to his numerous duties as a newly-elected senator. Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach also said it’s to soon for Pacquiao to return on the dates mentioned by Arum.

    Now the L.A.Times‘ Lance Pugmire says Arum is looking at Nov. 5 fight for Pacquiao without naming his next opponent.

    Over the past couple of days, Arum has named Adrien Broner as front runner for Pacquiao’s next fight. Arum said he was indeed talking to Broner’s adviser Al Haymon about the planned fight but after a couple of days he announced that Broner is no longer in the running as Pacquiao’s next foe. Arum cited Broner’s exorbitant purse demand as the reason for the failed talks.

    “The price that Broner was asking was for, was too expensive for us. But to say Broner priced himself out is not accurate, because it almost implies that he asked for a number that he knew we wouldn’t meet so he didn’t have to do the fight. I didn’t think that was the case. I think he wanted to do the fight, but the amount that he was asking for was something that we couldn’t afford,” Arum told Boxing Scene.

    Danny Garcia was also mentioned as a possible candidate for Pacquiao’s next fight which Garcia himself confirmed after his father reportedly told him about the offer from Top Rank. Arum denied ever talking to Garcia about the Pacquiao fight.

    “I never talked to Danny Garcia or anybody connected with Danny Garcia. So I don’t know what the f*** he’s talking about,” Arum told USA Today. “It’s like mental masturbation. It really is. I guess they’re desperate to get an article written about them, I don’t know,” he said

    Now, with Broner and Garcia off of Arum’s shortlist, only Terence Crawford and Jessie Vargas remain in contention for Pacquiao’s next fight. (L. Reyes Digital Journals/Philboxing.com)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 24 May 2017
      3 hours ago No comment

      Pinoy tracksters bag 4 medals in Singapore Open

      Philippine bets delivered one gold, three silver and three bronze medals in the 79th Singapore Open Track and Field Championships held recently at the Singapore Sports Hub National Stadium in Singapore. University of Perpetual Help System Dalta standout Francis Medina won the lone gold medal for the Philippines when ...

    • 24 May 2017
      5 hours ago No comment

      Joshua out to revive boxing from the pits

      EVERYBODY’S talking about Anthony Joshua, the bombastic British boxer. After Joshua stopped Vitaly Klitchsko last weekend, he immediately earned tons of adulations. Well, the fact that Joshua survived a fourth-round knockdown and then scored an 11th-round knockout is not something to sneeze at. Applause, applause! It is always a ...

    • 24 May 2017
      7 hours ago No comment

      Pacquiao as a family man

      There, indeed, is a sumptuous buffet of stories revealing some surprising aspects of Manny Pacquiao’s life that inspire parents and fans alike to emulate. One is his being a trough and through family man. With what he aimed for in his first week of sweating it out already attained, the ...

    • 23 May 2017
      13 hours ago No comment

      Duterte declares martial law in Mindanao

      Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte declared martial law in Mindanao on May 23. Duterte placed Mindanao under martial law after deadly clashes between government security forces and Islamic State group-linked militants in Marawi City. The announcement was made by his spokesman at a press conference in Moscow where Duterte was ...

    • 23 May 2017
      22 hours ago No comment

      Mulawin vs. Ravena all set to take flight beginning May 22

      It has been 12 long years since GMA Network marked history with its highly-successful and ground-breaking telefantasya, Mulawin, which captivated the hearts of many Filipinos all over the country. This May, GMA raises the bar even higher and takes flight again with the much-anticipated sequel to the highly-acclaimed saga, ...

    %d bloggers like this: